Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday: Quote of the Week

“A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,a fool by his own” – Latin Proverb

Those of you who have been reading probably saw my post on failing and know that I feel it is a very important part of life. While I don’t 100% agree with this quote, I do agree it is a lot faster to learn from the mistakes of others and is a lot easier to do.

I took this advice to my own heart when I left my last job which kept me busy day and night. I was very successful and probably would have continued to be in the future, but I walked away. Why? I listened to my co-workers, who were typically 15 to 20 years my senior, tell me about how they wished they had spent more time with their families over the years. Having had a child recently, I took that to heart and found a job that allowed me more time with my family. The funny thing was that my co-workers from my last job were both stunned and happy for me.

So take advantage of other people’s advice and mistakes, learn from them.

No comments: